Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Sunday, October 3, 2010

decisions decisions decisions


We left Fillmore, UT where we'd been for two nights, last Wednesday morning (Sept. 29.  The day before we left was pretty much a laundry day - honestly, what chaos!  I was just commenting to Rick that I don't think I've ever had such a crazy day doing laundry.  Two loads were left in washers and it wasn't until I realized, as I was putting linens and clothes away, that the maroon sheets were missing as well as my pink "life is good" shirt and a particular pair of shorts.  Well really, I can not be without that pink shirt - the shorts, well I'd miss 'em but I could probably survive without them ~ the shirt, not so much.

With all that said, we headed east towards Colorado ~ we were still in Utah but almost almost oh almost out of the state.  The first time we were in Utah (two and a half years ago) I thought Utah was the prettiest state we'd seen in our travels, but as anyone who has followed this blog that long knows, there is no love lost between the state of Utah

 and me.  Until yesterday afternoon this had been a decent stay in the state - our repairs went well, I had minimal interaction with anyone.  Yesterday, however, after all the laundry was found and completed - folded and put away, we headed out for a 

change of scenery (you know away from washers and dryers), well since we were in the "fine" state of Utah (which by the way has made progress in this direction I'm about to "bitch" on) there was no place within ONE HUNDRED MILES (I swear) to have a cocktail - what the heck ... I do realize that not everyone enjoys a bit of alcohol to "chill out" but don't make those g.d. decisions for ME - I am capable of making them myself.  As I did point out, Utah has made progress in this area ~ when we were here last you had to buy a "membership" to a private club - aka bar, to have a cocktail - seriously .... UGH, I can't continue on this ...



So as the title of this post indicates, I had to make decisions (many many decisions) which photos to post.  When I started this post four days ago I intended to do it in two parts - one with text (this post) and one with minimal text.  During the 160 or so miles (may have been 180, I don't remember) I took over 500 photos.  I was able to narrow them down to 232!  It seemed there were so many outstanding ones I really couldn't decide.  I think at this point, since I am, as usual, way behind in posting this will be the only post about that travel day.

With that said, the first two photos show why there will be very few pictures in this blog taken while we were actually in motion and the ones that are will not be clear - with more crud than just dead bugs on the windshield.  You see, while we were traveling on I-15 around Provo there was a dump truck in front of us that apparently had just had the back (dump bed) of his truck washed ~ well instead of doing "the right thing" and covering the bed he left it uncovered and muddy water was flying all over the place.  We had just paid to have the coach washed in Sunset so we were pretty pissed off to have all this crap spewing on us ~ enlarge the pictures if you can, you'll understand!  On top of that most campgrounds don't allow you to was your vehicles so we are still stuck with this crap.  Thankfully there were many view point pull offs along the way where we could take these spectacular pictures.


 
These two photos - one above, one below - are just more of my attraction to abandoned properties we see along the way ... you know my thing about "if these walls could talk, what tales would they tell"?!?



Followed by a couple less than stellar quality of the beauty along the way - it seemed around every corner there were finer sites than the previous.  









I thought the one below look like a crown ~ come on use your imagination here!  Perhaps King Richard's crown?













I believe the remaining photos in this post (all those after the crown) were taken from one of the outstanding viewing areas - this one was the San Rafael Swell.  Check out the balancing rocks and the carvings in the rocks on the third one below.  Nope, we weren't there long enough to chisel our undying affection to one another in the rocks.






And a bit of humor, below, to close the post!  Many of these viewing areas had Native Americans selling there "wares" .... jewelry and/or pottery.



1 comment:

Beth said...

Ugh about the laundry! Was it all there when you returned? Or was it too late and you will be purchasing a new life is good pink shirt?

Those are some gorgeous photos. I especially loved the gnarled trees.