Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Thursday, February 25, 2010

trying to get back in the swing of it all


So, after eight days in New England I'm trying to get back into the swing of things at home! Not working so well - I seem to be very slow these days and always exhausted - what the heck is up with that anyway? Excessive weight or lack of a good nights sleep?

So, I was in New England for a six month mammogram after the scare last August (good results and I'll be back in another six months).

More importantly, however was the bridal shower for my future daughter in law (Amy), but I couldn't mention that because it was a "surprise" so I couldn't mention it here or on Facebook. Since the "sisters" were all there for the shower, we made it be a "sisters weekend". We haven't had one in quite a while so it seemed like a great time to have one don't you think?

The first photo is of our dinner out - at a tempanyaki restaurant - darn we had fun ~ I think.
Above is a shot of Amy opening one of the gifts from the Whelan trio - this was the sewing project I'd been working on and posted about (with no information) several times. A better picture below - a quilt made with lots of love ~ the pattern is called "double wedding ring" - seemed appropriate, do you think?
After the shower I went up to Pat and Beth's for an over night. Below is a photo of Rick and our Muffin, Pie Face, Princess Paige, taken the week before when he was up there. Isn't it a great picture! Proud Grampa he is!


Next is a photo of our Muffin finger painting a for Grampa and T~T - it was so much fun to watch her create a master piece for us.
I left on Tuesday to return to my honey's (as I previously posted, Sir wouldn't even "talk" to me when I got home!). Tuesday was Paige's first birthday. I was so happy to be there to celebrate - here she is enjoying her special chair and some new books from Pat and Beth.

And everyone enjoyed the cakes Beth made - carrot cakes with yummy and colorful frosting!
But they will all be down here on Saturday to stay with Bethie's parents so we can have a Florida celebration for Muffin's birthday!

That's it for now folks - I'm beat and am not even going to bother to "proof read" this creation!

1 comment:

Chester said...

Beautiful quilt!!! ... absolutely
a perfect gift.