Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Saturday, February 27, 2010

Paaaaaalm Beach - well la te dah for sure

Yesterday Rick and I headed to Palm Beach to see what it's all about as we'd never been there. Wel laa teee flippin daaa - somewhat like Newport, RI, but more.

Not only are we in the land of what I facetiously refer to as "the beautiful people", but we are in the land of gated community after gated community - how is it that people are so damned anal? You drive by these gated communities but the houses back up to a public road, with no gates or fences - what is the logic here? Someone please explain all this crap to me 'cause I sure as heck don't "get it". Then Palm Beach with 40 room homes? I'm missing the point for sure.











The Beach was lovely - the part that poor peons like us could get to. And the part where the seagulls were having a seagull convention of some sort.
























A couple examples of the houses we passed along the way!








































The other day (Friday I believe) we took Sir Arlo to one of the local "bark parks" where he ran around like a nut trying to keep up with a vizsla and a whippet - neither of which couldn't have weighed more than 35 pounds. He seemed to have a great time, but 93 pounds of boxer doesn't keep up with either of those dogs for long, if at all! Later that night he started walking on only three legs and still is hopping around on three today. Apparently he pulled or twisted something, so he hasn't been bark parking for a couple days. In fact he is hobbling around on three legs the way Chad is hobbling on two - but Chad is having surgery on Thursday!



Just another sunset shot!



















Today Rick and I spent the afternoon in Delray Beach with Patrick, Beth, Paige and Bethie's parents (who rent a place down here for the winter. We celebrated Paige's birthday (which was this past Tuesday) all seven of us - we had so much fun and our Paigie Pie, Muffin, Princess (among a few of her names) is just too much fun to be around - doing peek a boo and clapping for herself at the least provocation. Not to mention eating as many crackers and cheese as she could possibly hold! Pictures to follow - I have to load them.

And by the way, I have no clue what's with these HUGE spaces in this post - I suspect it's because I placed the pictures to the left or to the right rather than in the center. I wanted a different sort of layout and this is what happened! I've tried to fix it about a dozen times to no avail so I give up, so much for my creativity tonight!

No comments: