Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Sunday, February 14, 2010

KW etc


So, I loaded these photos on the 10th with the intent of doing yet another post about Key West. Then I said to myself, self everyone may be tired of reading about Key West specifically and the Keys in general. Doesn't matter too much because, as seems to be the case these days, not much got done with it anyway.

Rick flew out to NH on Wednesday to attend the funeral of Beth's grandfather. I started with a sore throat that morning and it's been a doozey of a cold since then and I've done nothing (well I did do something - more about that later). The house looks like a tornado went through here four times and Rick is in Charlotte as I write this and there is not a prayer of a chance that the house will be even remotely "back to normal" before we head to the airport in an hour and a half - not that he will care - he's dealing with the same cold and probably will want to just go to bed and to sleep when he gets home anyway. He never even made it to the funeral - he was sick in a motel in Attleboro, MA! What a week this has been.
So back to this post - it was going to be titled "Why I love Key West" - Aren't these houses just terrific - little houses on postage stamp lots that if they were on the market would probably be listed for $500,000 - $600,000 - you know, location, location, location.

And the roosters - there's something I love about the roosters, and I suspect they probably aren't the cleanest critters in the world, but I guess it's all about their freedom in Key West that I love!

The thing I did do this week was have lunch with my cousin Cheryl and her husband Don. They have a place in Fort Myers so we met in Clewiston (1/2 way for both of us) the other day for lunch. Don did take a picture (oh Cousin please do share) but this is the most recent picture I have of the two of us - think we were just adorable then - well ya ought to see us now! Do you see any family resemblance in the photo below????

Gosh it is so nice to "reconnect" after many years - makes one wonder why the heck the connection got unconnected in the first place?!?!


Speaking of which, I have two of those reconnecting get togethers this coming week when I am in MA! Story for a different post (and hopefully it won't be next month some time!).

As an after thought, someone mentioned to me this week that they had read the blog and couldn't figure out where we are at the moment. Well, we are in Loxahatchee/West Palm Beach for five or six weeks. A post for another time also - yeah yeah yeah you say? It is a great place we are at.

No comments: