Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Sunday, February 28, 2010

back to Key West


Well for a blog post anyway! I loaded these photos weeks ago and never did the text for it so here goes ...

When we stayed in Key West for five nights the first of February I went to the Key West Tropical Forest and Botanical Garden.
Unfortunately I can't remember the names of any of these palm trees or plants - oops -"senioritis" I guess.

There was a butterfly garden there that I was particularly excited to see. Wrong time of year for butterfly gardens in the Keys I fear, because there was very very very little in bloom and not one butterfly did I see.
When I was there they had a sculpture display. Here are pictures of a couple of them - the one above, I thought was pretty neat. Below is one of my many shots of this really great one that spanned one end of the pond from both sides - I just loved it.

But the guy above was by far my favorite - it was made of all kinds of "stuff". Hopefully it can be enlarged for better "detail" - it really was funny and fun to look at.

The one above is made of sand!
So what do you think of this - two posts in one day!

No comments: