Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Sunday, October 11, 2009

Yes

We are still out here. We are in Indiana (northern).

I've been trying and trying to find the missing (misplaced) photos of the last of our Great Lakes tour. The missing part is the day we were returning from the Upper Peninsula with Larry, Sheila and Donni. We stopped at a great place called "Legs Inn" as well as seeing two "largest cherry pies" - both holders of Guinness Book of Records honors and 50 miles from one another!

Remember that I had fallen and destroyed an ankle on one leg and thought I'd broken a toe on the other (yeah I was quite a sight trying to walk (hobble) for several days - the ankle still isn't right but then again ..... oh never mind). Well the camera I was talking photos with as I was walking and falling is history so I had to revert back to the old one. I set the date wrong (DAH) on that one when I fired it up again so the most recent photos were lost in iphoto incorrect date land!

With all that said - here we are in northern Indiana - gorgeous, beautiful, northern Indiana AMISH country. I LOVE Amish country whether it be Pennsylvania, Ohio, Iowa, Michigan or Indiana - for whatever reason I love it. I am so intrigued by it and hopefully will be going to Menno-Hof tomorrow for better insight into it all.

When we came to this area one of our plans was to search out some new (replacement) furniture - chairs and end table to replace my noisy and very uncomfortable chair and the sofa and replace a fairly useless coffee table with something more functional as well as a computer desk ... well that hasn't worked so well ~ mainly because the chair place had moved and we didn't realize it (and now are near ready to move on) the chairs at best take two days to make with in stock fabric - three weeks with to order fabric and the furniture builders are in CO for a couple months and we can't seem to locate what we're looking for among the many other furniture builders in the area!!! UGH frustration abounds lately - cold and frustration - I wonder if there is a connection.

We've been to several small (read under 2000 people) towns in the area - lovely cool, crisp fall days and rides in beautiful country - GREAT stuff this is.

We also went to the RV/motorhome Hall of Fame (seriously!) the other day (more of the photo events library snafu) and today we went to Wakarusa (pop -2000) to see their pumpkin tree as well as fall street decoration event - great small town America ... hopefully now that I've got all photos back in place I'll post a few from the last two weeks.

Tonight, just as I was researching flights to get myself to NC for a Connor fix Joshua called to inform me that a rare (very rare) opportunity awaits - Connor had consented to get on Skype with Grammie ~ thankfully Rick had just walked in the door so he and Connor got to do their beloved "Tigger Hop". I am trying to figure if I should go to NC next week from Louisville or perhaps when we are in the Jacksonville, FL area - I could sign Sir up the Dog Resort at the Jacksonville area and fly to Connorland while Rick and Chester "played" unencumbered by Master Arlo and Ms Tracey (probably the best of the options for all involved) for a few days before we head south to the Keys .... decisions decisions but one thing is for sure - I am overdue for a Connor Fix.........

No comments: