Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Wednesday, October 21, 2009

What the heck


do you think these little buildings are? NO they are not outhouses!

We've passed many many many of them in the two weeks we've been here in the northern Indiana Amish country ~ well last week I finally found out what they are. Any guesses? And yes I know some of these shots aren't great, but I do what I have to do when I'm driving ya know - and the worst were taken yesterday when Sir and I were in the car and Rick was behind us in the coach returning to the "campground" from having the sofa removed and Rick's chair installed at the chair maker about 15 miles down the road. I had to get a shot of the log cabin tiny building and Arlo isn't real adept at the photography yet so .....





Below is a photo taken last week (or so) that I thought was kind of comical - seriously did you ever think of Amish buggies and Walfart aka Walmart in the same thought process? Well I didn't - it just doesn't work in my head but seeing is believing - is this odd to anyone other than myself? It seems like a culture conflict - but trust me, in these parts it is sort of the "norm"!!! Who woulda thunk it!!

So all our new furniture has arrived and been put in its "proper" location in the coach and we are outta here in the morning. We'll be headed (as is the "plan" ~ HA HA HA ~ right now) to the Elks Lodge in Greenfield, IN (160 or so miles south of here - just outside Indianapolis I believe) for a few days ... from there well perhaps Louisville, KY as we make our way to Choudrant, LA for an appointment for more coach mods mid November then swiftly (well as swiftly as we are able!) to the Keys from there.

It will be nice to be back "on the road" - we've been here for two weeks and as I said to Rick yesterday, I'm glad I love this area 'cause we've sort of been in limbo for a lot of that time waiting for furniture to be made and OUR changes in furniture plans! This is not the greatest "camping" spot we've been in (we LOVE staying at lodges, but this one is so smokey that I've only been in it once and that was for about 10 minutes - I couldn't take it and had to leave - AH a reformed smoker I guess huh!). But then again, that's part of the fun of this adventure - different strokes for different folks and seeing them first hand! On top of that we are in the midst of major train routes (trains with about 150 cars each) that run less than a mile from our site 24 hours a day and being that there are several major crossings within three miles in any direction it is constant train blasts. It was "charming" early on, but now ~ well not so much and it has contributed significantly to both of our lack of sleep. It does not seemed to have affected Sir's sleep however!

Today was a gorgeous, beautiful day that seemed like late May or early June in New England except the colors were all wrong - being that it is October the colors are yellow and red but the temperature was in the vicinity of 70 degrees - a day better suited to getting the bikes out after weeks of cold and rain and putting a few miles on them rather than running around with the furniture stuff. Oh well there are bound to be lots of riding days ahead ~ right.

2 comments:

Jammy Jamerson said...

i'm guessing a well/pump house tyope of jammy

Chester said...

Those are either school bus stops
or way stations for horse feed. Ain't I the smart one!!!.... or
public use tornado shelters.