Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Friday, October 30, 2009

Take me out to the factory ...






Well we aren't in the Louisville area now (yup, my bad for being so lax in my posting of late) but this post is about our Louisville time ~ which by the way was terrific.


















I have to assume (shame on me ~ my Daddy taught me the true meaning of assuming! ~ wise man that Winfield was) ~ anyway, with assumptions being made I suspect the number one and two must do's (not sure which is one and which would be two) in Louisville would be the Louisville Slugger tour and the Churchill Downs tour (of which there are several choices).
















We did the Slugger tour on Wednesday (I think) ~ what a great take it was. Unfortunately, but understandably, no cameras were allowed during the tour so these photos are from outside the factory/museum or from inside the museum, but NOT the factory.















The top photo is from across the street from the factory - only because that bat is so HUGE I couldn't get the entire thing into a photo without some distance between it and the camera!

The second photo is a shot of a shirt that Honus Wagner wore.

In the museum section of the the property was wax (I guess they are wax) figures of Ted Williams, Babe Ruth and Ken Griffey Jr.. The one to the right is Ted Williams and the one above is the Babe (unfortunately he is wearing pinstripes here). I swear these figures were so life like I stood there for about a minute and a half looking at Babe because I thought his eyes moved (NO I had not had anything other than coffee before we got there).






Here is a shot of yours truly with a David Ortiz bat. Louisville Slugger makes bats for the majority of major league players and those players go through many dozen bats in a season - this was the Big Papi's bat ...









Here is Mickey Mantle's bat - only because Rick thought I should hold a Yankee bat for Joshua (who for some reason ... well I know the reason - Wade Boggs UGH) my oldest son - Joshua - became a Yankees fan - I spent copious amounts of dollars taking both boys to Red Sox games - one son one week, the other son the next week and some weeks the three of us would go and darned if that Gunny Lovett didn't become a Yankees fan .... So Josh (although I'm fairly certain he or his wife don't check out our blog ;-( ... ) this one's
for you.

Here are photos of bats from the 2008 World Series..

The Phillies .. YEAH go go go in 2009 Phillies





And Tampa Bay Rays (were they the Rays in 2008 or the Devil Rays? What was the year that Devil Rays became NOT pc?








No comments: