Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Monday, October 19, 2009

Plans ~ WHAT plans

First and most importantly .... We have a new nephew ~ Camden Charles Harrington ~ born at 3:39 Saturday morning. Congratulations Owen, Jess and Brayden.



Yup, we were leaving Goshen yesterday. Nope we didn't leave Goshen yesterday. We did pick up my new chair on Friday as planned. Saturday we went to pick up the new end table, as planned, but nope we didn't pick it up - it wasn't done!

So while we were picking up my chair Rick asked the "guy" if what I had told him was true, that the company would remove the sofa in the coach - well son of a gun, I was right! With that confirmed, Rick decided to go ahead and order a chair (which we will pick up tomorrow). Further, we decided if the sofa was going and a chair was coming that would create space in the living room slide to accommodate a computer desk .... so we will be picking that up on Wednesday as well as my end table. Crazy huh ~ but we are in Amish Country here in northern Indiana and the Amish are outstanding furniture builders (among other things). I'll post a picture when everything gets "back to normal" HA!

At the moment this coach is in such a state of disarray it is just unbelievable. Plus I have been a sewing lunatic lately - craft kind of projects and will be starting a couple more Muffin dresses soon but have been diverted by the craft stuff. Rick reminded me this afternoon as we were sitting around a campfire (yes, in the afternoon!!) how many times I said NO MORE SEWING for me - that's it, I'm done - I got so burnt out doing it for $$$ for so many years....... yeah yeah yeah, but this is now and I have a bit of "free time" I guess plus another thing I love about this area (there is so so so much I love about this area) is the fabulous fabric stores the Amish run. I was in one last week in Emmatown - imagine trying to pick out fabric and match/coordinate colors by gas lamps! It was an experience. I stopped at a terrific one on the way home from the furniture builder on Saturday - I was out of control - the fabrics were so nicely displayed and terrifically priced I just couldn't help or stop myself!

Now I will vent ~ about common sense or lack there of. Rick went to the local Buffalo Wild Wings yesterday to watch the Patriots stomp all over the Titans. We don't have the football package on our satellite television so sometimes we have to go out to watch the Patriots. I stayed home and worked on my sewing projects. I had asked Rick to bring me home a flatbread, so he ordered it and ordered blue cheese or ranch dressing with it (can't remember which) ~ well they charged him 89 cents for the flippin' dressing - he told them to keep it. He'd been sitting there most of the afternoon eating and drinking and eating and ended with a bill of around $40. and they wanted to charge him 89 cents for dressing that should have come with the flippin flatbread to begin with - where was the waitresses' common sense?

Vent #2 - I called a local hairdresser (Fiesta Salons - apparently a national chain - never heard of them but anyway ...) today to make an appointment for a cut and color. Keep in mind I've had colors all over the country and ALWAYS bring my color formula with me to the appointments - I have the formula for three brands of hair color and I can't tell you how often I've heard, oh we can match these - I've walked out with RED hair I've walked out with BLACK hair and sometimes I even walk out with brown hair like I'm suppose to. So today when I was making the appointment I asked the girl what brands of color they use - her reply was "we can't give that information over the phone"! What the hell is that all about?!?! It made absolutely no sense to me (does it make sense to anyone???? If so please explain it to me) Needless to say, I cancelled the appointment - so that foolish rule cost the joint $100. Where is the common sense in that one? UGH UGH UGH .....

Good night all ~

No comments: