Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Saturday, February 28, 2009

learning isn't easy these days


So, I just got a new phone ~ yes I have been whining that I wanted the ability to "text" to whomever and I really wanted a phone with a camera - welcome to the 21st century Tracey Whelan!
So there she be ... but what I didn't realize, and certainly should have ~ especially if gadget man has to buy an Iphone for dummies book ... there is one heck of a learning curve involved ... well I just don't do much in the way of learning curves these days ~ do you think!

Today we went out on the bikes to Starke, FL about 30 miles away - south and perhaps east I guess .. for lunch.  Great ride, fabulous weather and we had the great pleasure of passing many many fresh produce stands along the way - apparently it is strawberry season in these parts and man oh man I would just love some fresh strawberries and cream for breakfast tomorrow but I thought I'd be pushing my luck to buy fresh strawberries and put them in the back pack I carry in the fork bag of my bike ... smooshed berries anyone?)).  With all that said, I did not take my old stand by, faithful companion side kick (no I am NOT speaking of my dearly beloved Richard J. (because of course he was there) at the moment) my nikon coolpix 3200 ~ soon to be replaced ~ but much to Chad's dismay NOT by an SLR ~ which would be way too much bulk for me ... I need easy, portable, very user friendly and did I mention portable?  So with all that said, I took several pictures in Starke (an interesting little town that seems to have been hit strongly with ... you guessed it,  this sucky economy) but I need to learn how to get the pictures from the phone to the laptop to the blog then I'll post them ~ if they are blog worthy ..........

Tomorrow we are off to a cook out at Paul's brothers in Jacksonville and hopefully their Mom (who lives next door to Paul) will be feeling well enough to go with us ...

In closing tonight ~ to Amy ...... Rick and my thoughts and love are with you tonight and through this incredibly difficult time ~ my words of "wisdom" (such as they are) ... hold tight to the many fond memories and let them comfort you and remind you of the love, peace and wisdom of your Dad ... 

No comments: