Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I'm trying already!!!


Yes, I am trying to be a better blogger ~ I really am.  

The picture below (since I've had really nice comments on the sunset photos I guess people maybe enjoy them??) was taken last night at the upscale motor coach resort we were at in Port St. Lucie.  No ocean view there but there was a body of water in front of our site (the "resort" referred to it as a lake but .... Champlain or Winnipesaukee or Mead are lakes - this, well not so much) ~ you know, the site that if you wanted to purchase it would be $159,000 plus a monthly maintenance of $249. thank you very much ~ yes we might have been a bit out of our league ~ I'd prefer my very own couple acres but it was a lovely property, just not for us.
These two photos are as we were leaving Port St. Lucie today.  We had to go to the storage facility where the trailer (with the bikes and my bicycle (forgot to bring it with us to said resort) were stored while we were at the "resort" ~ no lowly trailers allowed there!  Down the road was this stadium ~ Frick you know what is is ... Joshua I imagine you do too?

Correct, it is Tradition Field ~ spring training for the New York Mets.  Word has it that the rookies are there now, but there were no practices or games scheduled for several weeks.  Had there been you know we'd have hung around for  few days ~ darn I would have loved that since the Mets are the only NY team I could , with any conscience, cheer for.

So here's a story for the Rick and Tracey travel journal of how interesting things can be....

My sister lives in a small town in New York (Crown Point) where the population is approximately 2100 people.  Well we pulled into an Elks Lodge here in Deland, FL (where the temperature outside at the moment is 35 and predicted to go to 24 ~ seriously, this IS Florida right?  Anyway, I digress ... I noticed that our "neighbor" here (there are only two "sites" here) had VT plates on his rig so when they arrived back here I asked where in VT he was from (I was born in VT a few years ago) and he told me Middlebury and we chatted some about the area and I mentioned I had a sister across the lake (Champlain) in Crown Point and he explained that he had a cabin on the lake there in Crown Point ~! well later in the Lodge we discovered that my sister and his sister in law are friends and my sister works at a store his sister in law owns ... another case of what a small world this is.

And to all a good night as I crawl under the electric blanket .......

No comments: