Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Tuesday, February 8, 2011

She stopped by

So I'll set the stage here before the video (the video that I hope I've "loaded" correctly so my readers have the pleasure of seeing it!) and three photos ....

My Daughter in law announced a few weeks ago that our grandson (Connor) had his first loose tooth.  I had seen this youtube video (Chester was it you that sent it to us??).  I in turned sent the video to my son and daughter in law for their viewing pleasure but strongly suggested they not let Connor watch it.  You see, Connor was very nervous about his tooth, convinced it was going to hurt when it came out and it was going to bleed copious amounts of blood (Connor is quite a worrier as it is, so this uncharted territory for him was particularly perplexing for a nervous almost six year old).




So Connor had an dentist appointment for a six month check up yesterday and the hygienist just plucked that tooth out of there - not even Connor knew it happened before she showed it to him, but I am fairly certain that Connor was probably a wreck walking into that office yesterday for that appointment ... my poor grandson.


Oh, another thing about Connor, he is very "into" stickers and "taptoos" (aka tattoos) ... 
So, when he got home he had a cookie or two and another photo shoot (below)

Now would y'all please take a trip down memory lane for me ~ what was the going rate for the tooth fairy when YOU were a kid, losing your first tooth?  I'm quite certain it was one shiny quarter back about 1960, or so, when I lost my first tooth.  When my boys lost theirs it may have been a dollar.



The going rate in 2011 is five neatly folded one dollar bills (or "dollar bucks" as his father used to call them when he was three or four years old)

Congrats Connor ~ Grammie and Rick are very proud of how brave you were about your tooth.

1 comment:

Chester said...

What a cutie pie!!