Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Thursday, February 10, 2011

more beach time


Sure looks like "our kind" of place above huh!  It was, but the ceviche was absolutely disgusting ~ one bite and that was it for me ... I don't even want to think how old it was.  My stomach doesn't have enough problems without bad ceviche.


This was our last trip over to South Padre Island and Port Isabel while we were in the area (we left there two days ago).  We stopped at the Pirates Landing as we were heading home and discovered the worlds largest fly rod and reel.  I can't imagine how we missed this when we were there the week before but we sure did.


Made me think of my siblings and question how it is that out of four of us, I am the only one who doesn't fish?  In fact I can't stand the thought of fishing?!?!  Go figure.


While we were on the Island we checked out the Cameron County RV Park there.  It is in three areas, one very large, one only seven sites and the third is about 40 or 50 sites.  It is of course all on the water and over seen by the statue below.


Well we fell in love with it all and made a reservation for March and April next year .... oh I can't wait.  We really fell in love with the area, much smaller and perhaps less intense than the Florida Keys which we love love love but there was something about South Padre that really clicked for both of us.  As I mentioned in a previous post we loved it enough to consider looking at property - too bad the realtor wasn't into showing properties that day!

That's it for this post ~ stay tuned, I seem to be on a blogging roll tonight trying to play catch up I guess!

No comments: