Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Thursday, February 10, 2011

boca chica - cha cha cha


Bubba Gump is that you in either of these shrimp boats?


Our last trip while we were in the South Padre Island area was out to Boca Chica for a warm peaceful day.  Our neighbor at the campground told us about it and our original plan was to take the bikes there, but between mine having a dead battery and no one in the area having on, and the cold nasty weather the bikes never made it out there but the car did.



As it turned out Boca Chica is right across from the south end of South Padre Island.  In the previous post I did there were a couple pictures (I think) that show the channel that runs between SPI and Boca Chica.  The photo below is of the Island looking north from Boca Chica as well as the King and Sir enjoying the view of the channel and the Island.





Below is a view of the bridge leading from the mainland out to SPI - and this photo was taken from Boca Chica as well.  Rick has commented that uh oh we're going to be driving the coach on that bridge next year! 


Lots and lots and lots of people fishing here.  Lots and lots of people catching fish here!  This fella had been at it for an hour and a half he said and had three fish when we passed him.  He said the one at his feet was a "sheep head" (I believe that's what he said, language was a bit of an issue between us) and the one further out from him was a red fin or red tail (hey I thought red tail was a hawk).



As we were leaving I said to Rick, I wonder if there are any dolphin here (we'd seen a couple playing when we'd taken Arlo to go swimming on South Padre a few days earlier).  I no sooner got the words out of my mouth when I spotted one then another.  Well let me tell you it isn't easy to get a picture (never mind three or four pictures) of dolphins at play, but gosh darn I DID it!




Oh what a great day that was.  Wish we'd had a picnic with us and a cooler of water. 

WOW have I been on a blog frenzy tonight, perhaps an advantage of having no alcohol in the house, but then again there hasn't been any here for months so I guess that's not why the blog frenzy but I suppose it does help!

Stay tuned ....

No comments: