Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tuesday June 15

I will, seriously, do a "decent" post soon.  In fact I have the photos uploaded for it, but I need Rick's help/input/descriptions of the photos to do them justice.

Trying to remember where we were when I did the last post (brain fart, brain cramp, brain freeze ... call it whatever you want, but I did just open a new tab and go to the blog to find out!!!)  We were in paradise ~ aka Rippling Waters Church of God Campground in Romance (don't ya love it), WV - oh what a place OH WHAT A PLACE .. we left there on  um .... let me check "the" book got it now , we left on the 10th .. and went to Springfield, Ohio ~ just a bit north and east of Dayton (where King Richard took himself on a field trip ... with my blessings, oh please King, go do something that interests you immensely and bores me to no end, I'd be delighted to stay here and sew and read and play with Sir Arlo ... and so off he went on said field trip - hence I need his input, descriptions of previously mentioned uploaded photos!

We left Springfield on the 13th (Sunday I believe) and headed west, at a quicker than usual, for us, pace as I am flying out of Kansas City on the 23rd to attend the memorial service for my dear "Auntie Gert" who passed away last Friday night.  

We were in Terre Haute, Indiana for two nights and arrived here in Granite City, IL (just a whisker east of St. Louis (Louie) at the Elks Lodge that we stayed at last fall on our southern journey.  We will be here for two or three nights then on to Columbia, MO for a night or two before I get us settled into the KC area prior to me flying out.

So seriously, what is with this "midwest" weather?  We've had so many days with rain (hate to "beat a dead horse" with this, but it's been more than three weeks) at some point.  The last couple days have included tornado warnings - seriously, tornado warnings.  I have issues with weather extremes - as in lightening sends me under cover, and preferably under the bed, but in our case under the bed is a 330 Cat engine so there isn't much room for an ever expanding Tracey there do you think!   

We stopped for fuel today and the skies just flipping opened - lightening I swear not even 1/32 of a mile away ~ I didn't "freak" at that point - what the heck I had six new beautiful tires under Sir and I - and was hoping King Richard would just take his sweet time coming out of the "store" where you hand over your credit card and "rewards" (yeah!!) card ... slowly Rick, slowly .... no hurry to get out to this fuel pump!  

Yeah it all worked out.  We got to the Lodge, the weather "held off" for us to connect the electric and water, then the damned tornado warnings for the county we are in - another day of tornado warnings .... why does my stomach hurt, why am I so "uptight" .... I love this life we are living, but tornado warnings????  Ummmmm not so much.

Okay, hopefully I can sit King Richard down at some point tomorrow (we are on central time now ...) and have him work with me (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) on the pending post!

G'night all .......   oh yes, 

GO CELTICS GO CELTICS GO CELTICS GO CELTICS  

1 comment:

Eric said...

Testing testing