Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Wednesday, January 13, 2010

to steal a line

from Chad's blog, there are no photos today (or bananas either, for that matter).

But as King Richard pointed out to me this evening over a veggie pizza with a whole wheat crust (NO I did not create such a gourmet delight, but I certainly DID enjoy said delight), persons would rather click on the blog and see not much new, but a new post rather than the same thing they've been clicking on for the last week!?! Point taken, I guess, so here we are.

With that said, no photos on this post, no new adventures to post about. I guess the "biggie" in these parts is the continued cold (I won't continue to "go there"), as well as, it seems the entire country is cold but can I/we really complain about cold when, thankfully, we are not trying to dig ourselves from rubble post a 7.0 quake ~ how can they, how will they, in Haiti, so impoverished prior to this catastrophe, recover from this devastation?

Because of the "cold" and my continued laziness, we have not done much of anything. King Richard did venture out on his bike today (it is a fine line between NOT wanting to deal with the "cold" but having a need to be on the bike - I whimp out and the cold rules and I stay in with a book and/or a nap). Rick ventured out about 15 miles south then returned (yes, with a stop or two along that route) but seemed genuinely delighted to be back in the coach with the heat on at the end of the trip.

Sir and I went out for a walk this afternoon while Rick was out - seriously, if the temps are in the low to mid 60's it seems like great walking weather. Along the way we passed two iguanas and one snake. All rather "creepy" to me, but I did NOT "freak out" about them - we just carried on with our adventure, and Sir remained totally clueless!

Word has it that the iguanas go into a natural (??) hibernation mode in these cold weather situations (snakes, I guess do the same?). I do remember last year when Sir and I were here walking, very early in the morning out behind the coach (remember King Richard gets to sleep in and I get early morning walk privileges with Sir??) that there was an iguana (aka in Tracey lingo a "glizzard) that was motionless and I thought Rick was playing a trick on me to freak me out (NOT so much) and someone pointed out to me that this is a natural behavior with the "glizzrds" to go into this hibernation thing. Anyway, along with all the glizzard behavior is the fish behavior. ~ the water has been so flipping cold that fish are dying - not hibernating - but in the morning when Sir and I go down to the waters edge there are many many dead fish there who have washed ashore with the cold cold water. We did rescue one guy yesterday - I swear, true story, but I don't know what kind of a fella he was ~ he was in a shallow pool, but clearly still alive and "we" made sure he got into deeper, continually deeper water and when we returned an hour or so later, he was gone - do NOT even go there with any scenario other than that he swam off into the sunset (in search of warmer waters and perhaps Nemo?).

So hopefully there may be two bikes out tomorrow ~ or perhaps Friday, but NOT Saturday or Sunday - rain strongly predicted.

Key West next week ~ well strongly predicted and strongly anticipated!

3 comments:

Chester said...

This is true. Last week it was raining Iguanas! Seems they go into limbo land when too cold, lose their grip while in the trees and then fall out. It was horrible having to clean out the rain gutters afterwards.

Beth said...

ewwwww to Chester's comment. Interesting post, even sans pictures! I do believe King Richard was correct.

best worst joke ever said...

what about nails, hey bartender, do you have any nails?