Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Friday, November 13, 2009

It surely doesn't happen often!

That I am up early enough to see a sunrise - well at least these days. With that said, I guess these are the days I should be up that early - it's a wonderful, peaceful time to get some alone time. Like the gentleman in the campsite in front of us the other day ~ he was out around 7:30 (nothing to do with the rising sun, I'm off on another tangent!) I watched this man for 1/2 an hour or so do his morning exercises - slow and precise he was. The man appeared to be 65-70 years old - "considerably" older than myself, so why the heck don't I do it? Heck no not me, I just keep eating, drinking and greatly expanding. With great intentions of looking oh so slim and trim for such an important date I have in April .... intentions all right!

Anyway, this sunset photo was taken at the campground we were staying at in West Memphis, AR (see previous posts) right on the Mississippi River. This was last Friday, the morning we left there and headed to Louisiana. We had planned to stop and spend a night or two in Vicksburg, MS but got an early start on a great traveling day so we went the whole 340 (!!!!) miles to West Monroe, LA where we've been for two nights and today will go down the road 25 miles to Choudrant to have the last of the coach televisions replaced tomorrow. The man who does these mods for us (as well as others) also owns an Alfa, same year as ours. He is a meticulous craftsman and this is our third trip to him ~ we obviously are impressed.

Someone had asked for pictures of the new (well it's now a month or so old) furniture so here goes ....

Rick's chair and ottoman below
Computer desk below. The top part that looks like a drawer opens and the tray slides out for the laptop to sit on (hence desk) the bottom doors open and that is where the printer is - rather than under the dining table where it was before (so I could smash me head every time I got down there to print something ... don't miss that at all)
My chair, ottoman and end table. The end table is really a filing cabinet drawer on the bottom and smaller drawer on the top. This set up eliminated all the clutter that used to be on the coffee table next to my old chair (both donated back in Goshen, Indiana).
Below is Arlo's "man cave" which was created when the sofa got pulled out and the chair and ottoman came in providing space between them and the desk .... Sir used to have the front end of the sofa as "his" space and I was truly concerned about what he was going to do with that space gone (keep in mind he has his own bed that he rarely uses) so we put his "rug" and pillow there and it seems to have worked well for him!

1 comment:

Chester said...

Very nice! Did you say the Amish made the desk?