Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Thursday, November 12, 2009

hated to say good bye

to this place ~ the Cape Girardeau (MO) Elks Lodge that we so enjoyed. Here are a few photos I took the morning (Tuesday) we headed out. These were taken around 8:00 am - so quiet and peaceful it was. There were some mornings that a member or two would show up around 7:00 - 7:30 to go fishing for the morning, but not this morning. With no one there that morning Sir was allowed to be off leash and get to do his final farewell (although he certainly had no clue it would be) to the place he seemed to love as much as I did.

The shot above just cracked me up. That was our fire pit area - it looks like he is standing smack dab in the middle of a starting circle for something. As it turned out a few minutes after I got that shot he and I were playing "stick" and being the bad shot I am, I landed my next throw right in that ash pit - of course Sir had to chase, dig and frolic in the ashes playing with the stick! Lovely ash covering to carry into the coach! Oh well ...



And my warped sense of humor - shots of then........and then and now!!!


Okay, moving on .... as we traveled from Missouri to West Memphis, AR ...

Hopefully the photo below can be enlarged so you can see why I took this - and know what the big white and green things are? I was so surprised - I'd never have thought we'd see this in Missouri!
And NO - it isn't snow ......
It is fields and fields and acres and acres of cotton. Acres and acres and miles and miles! Plus it was harvesting time so there were many many barren fields as well.


Back along the Mighty Mississippi in West Memphis, AR where we stayed in September 2008. Oh how we love this campground (Tom Sawyer Mississippi River RV Park). Not only is the location perfect, the price incredibly reasonable (without greed) but it is also so peaceful, so very very peaceful.
This group of photos was of a large (four barges wide by five barges long - 20 barges - holy macaroni - or holy macaroni broccoli as my Connor says) making its way gradually up the river - being pushed by one large tug.

There was a smaller tug to the right of this huge beast.
nice sky in the shot below????

That "little" tug ended up on the opposite shore to go play with the small barge (loaded with dirt I believe) and tug over there. I think they may be dredging or something over on that side - which, by the way would be the Tennessee side!
So tomorrow we leave here (we did, of course, extend our stay here by a day) and go to Vicksburg, Mississippi for only one night (was going to be two) on our way to north eastern Louisiana for the latest coach mod, then we head to Florida ~ slowly slowly, ever so slowly ....

2 comments:

Beth said...

What beautiful pictures! I can see why you were sad to leave!

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

Tom Sawyer is near the very top of our favorite campground lists, but this time of year like to be a bit farther south. Enjoy the journey.