Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Our heavy heavy hearts

This blog post was written by our daughter in law Beth (aka, Bethie, Bethalene, Sweetie, Mama Bee), married to Rick's son Patrick, parents of our precious Paigie Pie (aka Muffin).  Someday I hope I can understand why such things happen to such wonderful, loving parents as Pat and Beth ....




Our sweet Tatum Iria

I don’t yet have the words to talk about the last few days. I hope that someday soon I will. But, I will say this. I will forever treasure every moment of holding our Tatum in my arms. I love her so much, so fully, and it hurts to know that I can never hold her again. I am so grateful for her, for the way she made my heart grow even larger, even if it is now heavier with the grief. I carried her for only 21 weeks, but I will love her for the rest of my days.

“A Mother’s Love cannot be measured
by increments of time …an entire lifetime
of love can be squeezed into a few brief
miraculous moments when necessary….”





Needless to say, I will be making some tiny quilts to send to the hospital so others can have the comfort of a warm quilt made with much love for their baby.

Rick has been in NH since last Thursday while I've stayed in San Antonio where our niece Elisha and her friend Charyl came to spend their February vacation.  He was originally scheduled to return today but will not be returning to SA until Thursday night

Thank you Bethie for allowing me to post your  blog on my blog!

4 comments:

Beth said...

Thanks, Tracey, for all your love and support. I updated my blog. I had forgotten to put a picture with the rest of the items they made for her memory box.

Sam&Donna Weibel said...

Our hearts and prayers go out to you all,It is always so hard when God decides to call back one of his little ones after so short a stay here on earth.But I know he has a special place for these Babes when they return.What a heart warming post. Sam & Donna...

where's weaver said...

Please send our prayers and thoughts to Beth and Patrick. Our hearts go out to them. We pray for healing and comfort for Beth and Patrick and the entire family.

chrisandlarry said...

Our love to you and your family. No one can begin to explain why, but I believe that for a brief time you had an angel in your lives. Love, Chris & Larry