Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Monday, January 3, 2011

It never fails

We get on an airplane and inevitably one or both of us is sick within a week.  This time it was my turn (thank you to the jerk across the aisle from me who saw no need to cover his nasty mouth when he sneezed or yawned - gross).  So yesterday was spent in bed while King Richard went out to watch the nine hour football game (I'll spare the rant).  He did bring me (??) back pizza ~ I got one piece and the next thing I know it's gone (I'll spare that rant as well).


So we flew to NH for Christmas.  We saw my youngest son while we were there and attended to some medical appointments (Kings cataracts are ready, willing and able to be removed ~ probably next summer it will be done).



We started a "bopper" thing a few years ago (Patrick's college graduation I believe) ~ you can count on us to have them for any Whelan celebration ~ rehearsal dinner, Princess birthday, and Christmas.  I can not believe I was able to get a picture of Snoopy wearing them ~ to say that he was not a fan is an understatement.  Paige didn't particularly care for them either.



How about her Christmas sleeping attire - is she too cute or what!


Princess Paige, Muffin is all about her beloved baby, so when she woke up Christmas morning and saw that Santa had brought her a slide baby was the first to go down it (family presents were opened Christmas eve)


Then she waved to her adoring fans as she had her first slide down!  Oh the child is too much ~ there is no baby talk spoken in their house and her vocabulary and diction is just amazing.  She was able to use sign language before she spoke ~ it is a constant ASL refresher course for Rick and I when we are around her!


It did indeed prove to be an exhausting day!


Cousins!


As I said before, our Princess Muffin is all about her baby.  See that "treasure chest" sort of thing front and center in the photo above?  Well, T~T (that would be me) made lots and lots of baby clothes, as well as a quilt and blanket to put in that adorable chest (it was one of the most fun projects I'd done in a long long time)


Paige and Bethie enjoyed going through them all (I think).  Over this past weekend Paige had a houseful of company and instructed the children how she wanted baby dressed ~ wearing nearly all of baby's new clothes!




We are still in the Houston area and have decided to stay here for two more weeks, as the monthly rate is much better and the weather is decent - usually in the 70's although it went down to 36 the last two nights!  As yet we've done no site seeing, but perhaps we will soon ~ who knows!

Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

It sounds like it is not a good thing to be King , at the moment.

Betty said...

Hope you are feeling better! the treasure chest filled with Baby clothes was a fantastic gift, made even more special because T-T made them!

where's weaver said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas. Enjoy the ride. Marsha