Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Saturday, November 6, 2010

Beep beep

Or so the roadrunner says (seriously, I know it's true, I saw it on Saturday morning cartoons many many years ago).

When we first arrived at the Elks Lodge, where we stayed in Albuquerque for five nights, there was a roadrunner bee bopping around the lovely plantings at the lodge.  We never saw him (or her, is there any indication from six or seven feet away as to the gender of a roadrunner??) until the morning we were leaving and I just had to get a photo or two.  I never claimed to be an ornithologist but I thought it was kind of exciting to see one of these birds sort of up close - well more up close and personal than a television screen years ago!  Yeah, I get it, simple things for simple minds!



We left Albuquerque five (I think) days ago and I don't remember what we did other than an afternoon in the "Old Town" area.  I really didn't care if we went there or not ~ I sort of have a "bad feeling" about old town areas of cities - that was instilled in me when we visited Old Town San Diego some years ago ~to say the least, it was quite a tourist trap.  In fact that was the first time Rick and I took Connor on a "field trip" and the high light of the day was when Rick couldn't figure out how to make the DVD player in the back seat work (we used Trisha's vehicle since it already had Connor's car seat there etc.) and Connor was getting a bit impatient with his friend Rick who clearly was NOT getting the DVD to play quickly enough and he finally says to Rick ....... "come on come on RICK".  Yup, Connor was about 2 1/2 years old then and we still laugh about it, and hopefully will for many years to come!  In fact I quote Connor and that line often, very often!

So Chester, the photo below was taken in old town with you in mind!
  

2 comments:

Chester said...

BEEP BEEP I was hoping for a frontal view but nobody has ever seen the face of a roadrunner!

The Cat House was charming!

Mr. Observant said...

This is different