Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Sunday, March 21, 2010

El Toro and the Duck with a side of green beer

Just before we left the Palm Beach area we stopped at a great Mexican restaurant where we had dinner a few nights before with Larry, Sheila, Sam and Carol (previous post). They ~ El Toro ~ had a terrific tiki bar where we were allowed to bring Sir for a while. He was on such terrific behavior that when I was leaving with him people commented that they hadn't even known there was a dog there (as it should be).

We did have to do the usual Sir at the bar photo of course. As well as posing in front of the statues outside. There were several more statues in the pool area but I didn't think it was a good idea to bring him in there, as it was fenced and if he'd gone in there I am certain he'd have wanted to go in the pool, so it was one of those rare occasions when logic prevailed and I "did the right thing"!


Another thing we did at the end of our time in the West Palm Beach area was take a Diva Duck Tour with the Vovos.




Diva Duck had nothing on the Boston Duck Tours (on which Rick and I were married). But as Roy pointed out to me, West Palm Beach surely doesn't have the history that Boston does and that is part of the charm of the Boston Duck tours as far as I'm concerned.

The water part of Diva's route was the Intracoastal Waterway, which runs between Palm Beach and West Palm Beach. Check out these boats - ummm I guess they should be referred to as yachts right? They were in a marina (seriously, do you think!) on the West Palm Beach side ~ in fact I'm not sure marinas are allowed on the Palm Beach side!

Below are two of the homes on the Palm Beach side. I loved the bougainvillea surrounding the deck and the garages. Also, the green on the "panes" of the garage doors is actually ivy - can you imagine training all these beautiful plants like this ... oh yes, I guess that is what one would have a "gardener for" but how would I know for sure! The first time I'd seen bougainvillea was our first stay (2007) at my lodge in the Keys - I fell in love with it then. It comes in so many beautiful colors and looks like crepe paper.

The second home - I loved the dog statue, but darned if I can remember whom the home is owned by ~ yes the guide did tell us, but I'm having a senior moment.


This past week of course we celebrated, as Patrick says, the holiest of holy days! Didn't our precious princess pose so nicely when her mommy asked her to be still so she could get a photo of her wearing her festive shirt! I can't wait to see our baby again in just a few weeks! She is learning sign language so I'm certain Grampa will have fun with that - remembering his signing skills with his granddaughter! Can it get any better?


Rick and I had our own celebration at a local restaurant - with boppers of course (this time provided by the restaurant!) and the awesome corned beef (sliced deli thin) - the cabbage, well not so much 'cause it was cold cold cold and not cooked enough!


1 comment:

Beth said...

Paige liked seeing all the grandparent pictures!