Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Friday, July 17, 2009

One of the things about friends


Is that it's just so good to be with them ... it's such a warm and sniggly feeling to hang out with pals .... two feet or four ... it's just a good thing (oh please, I was NOT quoting Martha there trust me I would NEVER quote Martha, never, ever ever!)

I had mentioned in my previous post (or perhaps the one before that) that last weekend our friends Richie and Mary (and Arlo's best friend Casey) had been here in Middleboro with us ~ above is a photo that I finally loaded from my phone to the laptop - Casey and Arlo trying to get a drink of water from the same bowl at the same time - it was pretty comical - Arlo being 89.3 pounds and Casey weighing ..... um maybe 70 pounds (???)
Friends .... last night "Moelicious" came to Middleboro to hang out with us - it was so so so much fun to spend time with her again. Maureen and I worked together for several years but prior to that Maureen and Rick's wife Nancy (Patrick's Mom) had a long long long history (fond history) that Maureen and I figured out about the second day we worked together (it was that darned Weymouth craziness - UGH I guess I was a victim of it at that point - in a GOOD way!). In addition to that (or to continue the connection I guess), Chad had done architectural drawings for a remodel of a restaurant in Weymouth that Maureen's grandfather owned many years ago, one of Rick's old stomping grounds and a place that Donna (sister of Rick's wife, Pat's Mom ~ Nancy) had worked at for quite some time, many years ago .... are y'all confused with all that? Sorry, but it is ALL good stuff .... warm, loving, good stuff.

Anyway, when Maureen (aka "Moelicious" - Rick gave her that name .... what can I say?) would visit us at this campground years ago she always delighted in the garnishes I'd do for the "vacation cocktails" I'd create for us ... example above and below. Does Maureen have the most beautiful smile or what!?! I've missed you lots Maureen and was so happy to see you last night ...
Today was a great day for us Whelan's .... Rick got on his bike to attend to a Social Security error of great significance ~ he had a great ride ... Sir and I did a couple walks around the campground, then Sir got to go swimming at a close by herring run (inactive at this time of year) then he and I went for a nice ride to the "wood man" (where we buy our campfire wood) and came home and we just "chilled" outside (well were we really chilling if it was 85 degrees - probably not but we had a great mental chill - much needed after a week that was pretty intense - too intense) and Rick returned a couple hours later and was pretty happy to just join the Arlo/Tracey chillfest!

In closing this post I am trying to fathom the things that Walter Cronkite (R.I.P.) had seen in his life, in his career .... gosh, how many events ~ wonderful, historical, awesome, sad ~ it surely ran the gamete .... what a life he had, what a career he had.

"And that's the way it is"

No comments: