Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Wednesday, July 15, 2009

No pictures, no video ;-(

Appreciated your comment Bethalene - I swear you and "Good Paul" are the only two that have stuck with me through these post "pauses". I still can't seem to upload the video (Rick told me a long time ago not to whine on the blog about my technical inability (read challenges) so I won't go there!

Rick and I have gotten through three days of labs, scans and doctors appointments. The BEST BEST BEST was yesterday when Rick's cancer doctor "cleared" him for another year.

While waiting for me to get done with my doctor Rick ran into an old friend JJ - who was more surprised to see the other I'm not sure!

This evening around our our campfire (much to Rick's chagrin ~ perhaps a topic for another "slow post" post) this evening I asked Rick how his doctor was (they have a looooooong history together) and if Dr. Carl had asked about Rick's travels (as he usually does) and Rick's reply among other things was that Dr. Carl had asked him if he had learned any new skills along the way! Isn't that an interesting question?!?! I am certain I will still be pondering that at 3:00 AM. I was trying to recall when was the last time I "learned a new skill" and I guess it would have been within the last six months (thankfully, because I was certain my mind was far beyond (and not in a GOOD way) learning ...) how to finally do a "proper" quilt binding by hand. I've been quilting for about 100 (alright maybe 35) years and finally "got it" with the binding thing!

So when was the last time YOU learned a "new skill"? I just LOVE that question.

Now with medical appointments almost over we will work on our "to do" list (see even in a motor home we have that flippin' list) ... not to mention a list of things we need to take care of in our "old area".

Speaking of our "old area" we had a WONDERFUL dinner with our former neighbors last night and I was delighted that the boys - Joe and Patrick - remembered us! I had very very VERY mixed emotions about seeing our old house ... it was in fact, bittersweet, BUT the new owner (a single guy in his late 20's or early 30's) has really done a fabulous job on the yard (he wasn't home - thankfully or not) ... he has put lots and lots of work into what I thought was a nice yard - he put me to shame .... it was so very sad to see my perennials gone - some of them had a family history - they were offspring from my Mom's gorgeous gardens, but that is a price you pay when you sell a property with gardens I guess! But the yard now is far superior to what we left! I really wanted to see inside the house because I knew from talking with him two years ago he had MAJOR plans and I really would loved to have seem the results ... Maybe it was a "blessing in disguise" that he wasn't there - who knows. I guess I will "let the mystery be". I was delighted with what I saw however, and didn't have a "nervous breakdown" over it.

That's it for this post I guess ... off to la la land (!!!!) for me.

2 comments:

Betty said...

so happy to hear the good medical news! does that mean you guys will come back north next summer again?? yeah!! see you Sunday...the booties are adorable...completes the outfit!

chester said...

Hooray for Unkle Rickle!!!!!!

Great news, love u guys!