Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Friday, December 5, 2008

bad bad bad again

Got no pictures to post!  This is such a beautiful area of Florida and we still haven't been out on a picture taking trip ~ although the camera is in my purse at all times.

I guess it was just one of those days that perhaps is best to have no photos!  Some days are like that ya know. 

We started at the local flea circus (aka flea market) and farmers market which runs every Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  I love love love farmers markets and have been trying so desperately to find local produce ~ I hate buying produce at the grocery store but sometimes a woman's got to do what a woman's got to do.  So, I love farmer's markets .... flea markets, well not so stinking much.  I've tried and I've tried and I've tried and I just don't get the logic that attracts droves of people to these things ... there's probably 500 "vendors" at this flea circus and I swear 60% of them are duplicates.  Socks, what the hell is with "vendors" and socks?  There must have been 40 booths selling socks!  Someone please help me with this "logic" cause I surely don't get it.

From the flea circus we came home and I needed to lay down for a while - fighting yet another head ache.... this is getting kind of old.  After a while Rick decided to go out on his bike - I went to a couple fabric stores to get fabric for a project I'm working on and got so frustrated with lack of competent help in the stores here that I just decided to scrap the whole plan for today and come home.  Seemed like the safest option for said "employees" and me .... will unfortunately have to deal with it all over again tomorrow ~ UGH.

We have been seriously thinking about buying a piece of property here (yeah I know I wanted to do that in Spearfish and definitely in Sioux Falls, but has been a unanimous thought with us since we've been here, again, in central Florida) and I've got to say this experience today made me take a few steps back and reassess this plan.  We love this area ~ the beautiful rolling hills, the vast amounts of open land but close to the things we want ... the people are a very friendly mix from all parts of the country .. we shall see how this plays out.  In the meantime we need to decide if we are extending our stay here or moving on ~ we are scheduled to be in the Keys in 17 days.

So, that's it for now ~ I will truly have some photos of this gorgeous area soon ..... it's really worth the wait (gotta get away from retail ~ incompetent retail) though!

No comments: