Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Tuesday, April 22, 2008

more travel pictures

I wanted to do several posts of pictures taken along our way up to this point but because I am having trouble uploading pictures - it is slow and I can only seem to do five pictures per post - I think this will be the last picture post.  I want to start doing posts of where we are at the moment and what we are doing.  So I think we'll add past travel photos to the picassa share site which we will add to the links section to the right.   Or use this link  http://picasaweb.google.com/tpw0607    


Ah one of my favorite cities - New Orleans.  Chad discovered recently how much fun this city is too - not sure Amy agrees right about now.  The people here just really know how to have fun fun fun and have such marvelous attitudes...... I wish I could remember the french saying that reflects this city but the translation is "let the good times roll" and Na'lins sure knows how to do that.
This is a picture of the first major mountains we encountered in our travels.  This was taken somewhere between New Mexico and Arizona.  Having grown up in Vermont I thought I knew about mountains - NOT.
And this is the bikes on a side road somewhere in Las Cruces, NM.  The trees that look very bare are pecan trees that have had a rather harsh trimming.  I thought pecans only grew in Georgia and was surprised to see them in New Mexico and there are LOTS of pecan orchards in NM.
Isn't this a great morning shot?  Sometimes this is a benefit of having to do the 6:30 or 7:00 AM morning dog walk.  This was at a nice campground we stayed at in El Centro, CA.  While here we happened upon the Blue Angels doing a practice routine for about 45 minutes - it was awesome!  El Centro is there winter home - WHO knew?  we didn't.

San Onofre Beach at a State Park in CA - isn't it beautiful.  We had to walk down a steep dirt road to get to the beach but Arlo sure loved having this HUGE stretch of beach to himself.

No comments: